Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before placing an order. By accessing this Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions, and agree to comply with them.
Click on one of the links below to read a particular area.
- All goods published on our website include VAT.
- The website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that some of the Products listed on the site may be incorrectly priced. Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the website are accurate at the time you place your order. If any error is found, prior to delivery, or the price of the goods increases due to any factor beyond our control, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order.
- All product specifications, images and other information published on our website have either been made accessible by suppliers, manufacturers, publications, publicists or been gathered from public-domain sources. www.bathroomsontheweb.co.uk cannot guarantee the reliability or the accuracy of the information contained within it's pages. You will be solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy and suitability of all of the items of any order including any applicable specification. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all items are of the correct specification and size before ordering.
- All prices on our website are exclusive of delivery charges which will be added to the price of the products at our checkout. Delivery prices quoted are for most UK mainland addresses. Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scottish highlands, parts of the Scottish mainland and Orkney Isles, Outer Hebrides and the Shetland Isles may incur additional charges. Any differences in quoted delivery charges will be made apparent with the confirmation of your order.
- The delivery drivers are not insured to take their vehicles on roads other than public highways. To help keep our costs low the driver will be unaccompanied and is only responsible for a ‘kerb-side’ delivery. We are only insured and required to deliver the Goods to your delivery address and not to bring them into a property or install them. If the items you have ordered are heavy please ensure that an able bodied person is available to assist the driver. For Health and Safety reasons the driver cannot carry heavy items on his own. You accept this when placing your order and if you refuse the delivery because of the driver cannot drop at or in your property then you will be charged the delivery costs and collection fees.
- Any dates/times quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only, and shall not form part of the contract. You should get all products in and check that you are satisfied before you call a tradesman to install the goods. www.bathroomsontheweb.co.uk shall not be liable for any loss, consequential or otherwise, brought about by any delay or failure to deliver for any reason.
- When purchasing multiple items you will only be charged 1 delivery fee for the largest item. Items are dispatched together unless arranged prior to purchase.
- All items require a signature on delivery. The named customer is responsible for items delivered even if the item is signed for by any other person. Any instructions to our courier to leave the item with a neighbour or in garden etc are entirely at your own risk.
- It is the named customer’s responsibility to ensure that the entire order is checked thoroughly BEFORE signing the delivery note. For bulky and fragile (especially glass items) deliveries that arrive on pallets you agree to check the goods thoroughly for visible transit damage before signing the driver’s delivery note.. We are unable to offer a replacement, once they have been signed for. Claims for damages or shortages will NOT be entertained if our courier has obtained a clean signature. Signing the delivery note ‘unchecked’ will not suffice.
- Upon checking the delivery for visible transit damage we request that all goods are inspected, even if the goods appear to be in good condition items must be checked within 24 hours and reported to us.
- Please check your goods are correct ie: colour, style, finish and size before fitting. If you have received the wrong product we will not be held responsible or liable if you have fitted the product which you later do not want or need.
- Goods that have been fitted are deemed to be in acceptable condition at time of fitting. We will not be liable for any re-fitting costs incurred as a result of faulty products.
- An item can be returned if it is faulty or damaged.
- Please email us at email@example.com. with details of: your name and address, when you placed the order, the item that is to be returned, and the reason why it is to be returned. If you can it is always helpful to attach any digital images where the item is damaged. Upon receipt of your email you will be notified of how to return or how the item will be collected and brought back to us for inspection.
- All returns that are sent back as faulty are tested, and if the item proves not to be faulty, but has not yet been fitted, then only the product value will be refunded. You will be charged the actual cost of the delivery and the collection. All returns that are sent back as faulty and have been installed and used, and have no fault found when tested, will not be refunded, and the product will be returned to you.
- An item can be cancelled within 7 days of delivery in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations then no restocking charge will be applied and you will be given a full refund. To exercise your right of cancellation, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification by phone will not suffice.
- Please note that your right to cancellation does not apply where the Goods are manufactured for you, customised to your specifications or specially ordered.
- Apart from faulty or incorrect goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to us at your own cost. The goods must be returned in the same condition as supplied and you must take reasonable care of the goods until they are returned and in transit. We do NOT accept liability for the transit of returned goods and therefore suggest that you take out carrier insurance.
- The goods must be unused and 'as new' in their original box and packaging including all manuals and accessories. Goods received in any other condition may be returned back to you and re-delivery costs will then apply.
Shopping at www.bathroomsontheweb.co.uk is totally safe. We understand that shopping online can feel risky and uncertain. We do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment.
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Any correspondence sent us.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Information relating to any transactions of any purchases you make of our goods or services
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
www.bathroomsontheweb.co.uk servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
WE WILL NOT PASS YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS TO ANY THIRD PARTY - other than the courier company who will only take basic information for purposes of delivery.
- Credit Cards transactions are processed using the Protx secure credit card system.
- Credit/debit card details are secured within 128-bit encrypted sessions. Sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database that is protected by multiple government approved firewalls. Additional security measures include a security key that is used to produce an MD5 hash value. Hash values are often used as digital signatures as they cannot be reversed to obtain the original information. They allow the receiver to validate that the information received is identical to that sent. Protx VSP is designed so the vendor doesn't have to hold sensitive information on their site, should anyone gain unauthorised access to their database the information they obtain will not allow them to recover credit card details or other sensitive information. The possibility of obtaining sensitive information from the Protx VSP database is minimised due to high levels of encryption; firewall security and the measures taken to ensure the information is indecipherable.
- When you get to the payment page, you will see a gold padlock appear in the bottom right hand corner of your browser showing that the transaction is secure.
We have 3 showrooms in Walsall & Birmingham.
Mucklow Hill Interiors Ltd,
tel. 01922 632888.
Registration No. 05023032